Did you know that the explosive growth of the sugar industry in the 17th and 18th centuries inspired chefs to whip up ever more fanciful confections? By 19th century, desserts had become theatrical productions. Cultural critic Dr. Tacey Rosolowski follows the evolution of spectacular confections through the last 500 years in a lecture on Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 6:30pm at the MFAH’s Brown Auditorium Theater. FREE. In news unrelated to the above unrelated news, the Spanish Government has decided to re-open the Altamira cave art site to visitors.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015