The Dallas Museum of Art has announced its 2010 awards to 16 artists. Seven Clare Hart DeGolyer Memorial Fund awards, for artists between 15 and 25 years of age went to Courtney Brown, Tamara Joy Hunt, Rachel Brownlee, Nicole Loehr, Chelsey Mulnix, Melisa Oporto, and John Osburn. The seven Arch and Anne Giles Kimbrough Fund Award recipients are Sonya Berg, Rachel Cox, Jasmyne Graybill, Clayton Hurt, Alfredo Salazar-Caro, Trey Wright and Billy Zinser. The two 2010 Otis and Velma Davis Dozier Travel Grant recipients were Austin performance artist Wura-Natasha Ogunji, who will travel to Nigeria and cartoonist Jeremy Smith, who will go to New York to collaborate with Al Columbia.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015