Renowned East Texas Photographer and Lamar University prof Keith Carter examines his hometown, Beaumont, in a 10-page essay in the June issue of Texas Monthly Magazine. Carter explains, "We have a gumbo culture that has shaped me as an artist." The special issue, titled "Where I’m From" also includes bits from Stephen Harrigan, writing about Austin; Elizabeth Crook, San Marcos; John Phillip Santos, San Antonio; David Dorado Romo, El Paso; and Skip Hollandsworth, Wichita Falls; and Laura Bush, Midland.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015