Renowned East Texas Photographer and Lamar University prof Keith Carter examines his hometown, Beaumont, in a 10-page essay in the June issue of Texas Monthly Magazine. Carter explains, "We have a gumbo culture that has shaped me as an artist." The special issue, titled "Where I’m From" also includes bits from Stephen Harrigan, writing about Austin; Elizabeth Crook, San Marcos; John Phillip Santos, San Antonio; David Dorado Romo, El Paso; and Skip Hollandsworth, Wichita Falls; and Laura Bush, Midland.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015