The Houston Center for Contemporary Craft fuses fashion and craft on Friday, June 4, 5:30-8pm at the opening of "The Paper Runway," a worldwide survey of paper clothing organized by the Robert C. Williams Paper Museum at the Georgia Institute of Technology, fresh from its installation at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Craft Center artists in residence have created wearable art which will be modeled at the opening. A crocheted body sculpture and headdress by Elaine Bradford, a life-size brooch by Gabriel Craig and Amy Weiks, and a ceramic neckpiece by Jeff Forster are among the wearables to be worn. Co-curator of the show, Cindy Bowden will give a talk at 11am the morning after, Saturday, June 5. "Paper Runway," the show, runs from June 5-September 4 at the HCCC gallery.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015