Louise Bourgeois died of a heart attack yesterday in
Manhattan. She was 98. The creator of influential and psychologically evocative
sculptures, Bourgeois, like so many 20th century female artists (see
Alice Neel at the MFAH), only gained recognition for her work late in life.
Thankfully, she had a long one. Check out our blogger Margaret Meehan’s loving
tribute to her.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015