The Dallas Museum of Art has been designated as a "certified cargo screening facility " (CCSF) by the Transport Safety Administration, making it much easier for the museum to ship things internationally. The new status allowins TSA certified museum staffers with art handling expertise to screen outgoing crates in-house, rather than leaving it to the gorillas at the airport. The first certified shipment from the Museum is scheduled to take place with the closing of the touring exhibition The Lens of Impressionism.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015