A mess of museums (art and otherwise) in Texas are partnering with the National Endowment for the Arts and Blue Star Families to offer free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day 2010. Among the 40 Texas institutions participating are Dallas Museum of Art, the Meadows Museum, the Nasher Sculpture Center, and the Museum of Geometric and MADI Art in Dallas. The Amon Carter Museum in Fort Worth, the Tyler Museum of Art in Tyler; The Grace Museum in Abilene, the Stark Museum of Art in Orange; the Museum of Western Art in Kerrville; the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; the McNay Art Museum in San Antonio; the Ellen Noel Art Museum in Odessa; El Paso Museum of Art, Art Museum of South Texas in Corpus Christi and the Austin Museum of Art.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015