NY Times architecture critic Nicolai Ouroussoff gives us a first peek at the Kimbell Art Museum’s Renzo Piano addition, unveiled today: after admitting that any alteration of the hallowed Louis Kahn building is asking for trouble, he likes it! He adds, however, that "for now the biggest criticism is likely to be about whether Mr. Piano is being too worshipful of Kahn’s genius." You just can’t win.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015