NY Times architecture critic Nicolai Ouroussoff gives us a first peek at the Kimbell Art Museum’s Renzo Piano addition, unveiled today: after admitting that any alteration of the hallowed Louis Kahn building is asking for trouble, he likes it! He adds, however, that "for now the biggest criticism is likely to be about whether Mr. Piano is being too worshipful of Kahn’s genius." You just can’t win.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015