Georgetown, Texas’ Arts and Culture Board has donated $1800 to the Texas Society of Sculptors, to increase the prizes offered for the juried sculptors’ summer show at the Georgetown Public Library. On May 16, a three person jury awarded this year’s prizes to three bronze pieces: first place to Georgetown artist Don Snell, second place to Bob Coffee, third to Stan Briney. Terry Jones’ Sneaky Snake, made from welded chain, won the Librarian’s choice award.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015