Georgetown, Texas’ Arts and Culture Board has donated $1800 to the Texas Society of Sculptors, to increase the prizes offered for the juried sculptors’ summer show at the Georgetown Public Library. On May 16, a three person jury awarded this year’s prizes to three bronze pieces: first place to Georgetown artist Don Snell, second place to Bob Coffee, third to Stan Briney. Terry Jones’ Sneaky Snake, made from welded chain, won the Librarian’s choice award.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015