In response to the recent specatacular (and still unsolved) Paris art theft, Steven Thompson of Culturemap reminisces about his brief career as a shoplifter, and cases the most stealable art in Houston’s museums, while in a related article Museum of Fine Arts director Peter Marzio unleashes hyperbole about "cultural terrorism", thieves with an "unprecedented level of sophistication", and "works that changed the course of art history." Marzio, the Menil Collection’s Vance Muse, and Scott Peveto of McClain gallery admit that while they all take precautions, theft hasn’t been a big problem.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015