In response to the recent specatacular (and still unsolved) Paris art theft, Steven Thompson of Culturemap reminisces about his brief career as a shoplifter, and cases the most stealable art in Houston’s museums, while in a related article Museum of Fine Arts director Peter Marzio unleashes hyperbole about "cultural terrorism", thieves with an "unprecedented level of sophistication", and "works that changed the course of art history." Marzio, the Menil Collection’s Vance Muse, and Scott Peveto of McClain gallery admit that while they all take precautions, theft hasn’t been a big problem.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015