Folklorist Alan Govenar, author of Texas Blues: The Rise of a Contemporary Sound, has won a fellowship from the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation to support research for and a book and exhibtion “Jasper, Texas: The Community Photographs of Alonzo Jordan," which will be on display at the International Center for Photography in New York in January. Govenar, is the founder of Documentary Arts, a non-profit that presents new perspectives on historical issues and diverse cultures, and a UT Dallas Alum.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015