Folklorist Alan Govenar, author of Texas Blues: The Rise of a Contemporary Sound, has won a fellowship from the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation to support research for and a book and exhibtion “Jasper, Texas: The Community Photographs of Alonzo Jordan," which will be on display at the International Center for Photography in New York in January. Govenar, is the founder of Documentary Arts, a non-profit that presents new perspectives on historical issues and diverse cultures, and a UT Dallas Alum.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015