Last Friday, the Frisco Tea Party moved to block the construction of the proposed Collin County Arts Hall in nearby Allen by turning in a petition urging a reconsideration of the $20 million in bond funds already approved by voters for the project eight years ago. The upcoming runoff election between city council candidates Jim Joyner and John Keating (who signed the petition) will likely hinge on the arts hall issue. In related news, a letter of thanks from arch-conservative Houston physician Steven Hotze, leader of the Conservative Republicans of Texas, reveals Governor Rick Perry’s role in quashing the production of the controversial Terrence McNally play "Corpus Christi," which was to be performed by students at Tarleton State University on March 27.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015