Five well-known paintings were stolen in a classic Pink-Panther style art heist from the Paris Museum of Modern Art Thursday. Video cameras caught a lone masked burglar removing a Picasso, a Braque, a Leger, a Matisse, and a Modigliani worth and estimated 100-500 million euros, while three guards noticed nothing. France’s elite police unit, the Brigade de Répression du Banditisme is on the case.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015