The Chinati Foundation is inviting all Big Bend area residents and visitors to a community celebration on Sunday, May 23 from 10am-2pm, with free brunch, a giant art-making project, and special kid’s tours at 11am and 1pm. The John Chamberlain Building, (hey! only 40 people on the barge at once!)Donald Judd’s concrete and aluminum works (hey! watch those fingerprints!)will be open for visitors to explore at their own pace. Free.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015