Fort Worth’s Kimbell Art Museum has acquired the painting Christ and the Woman of Samaria, from Guercino’s coveted early period, 1619–20. The mysterious painting, previously known only through copies and an old photograph shown decades ago to Guercino expert Sir Denis Mahon, was acquired in memory of former Kimbell dorector Ted Pillsbury, who died in March of 2010.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015