Fort Worth’s Kimbell Art Museum has acquired the painting Christ and the Woman of Samaria, from Guercino’s coveted early period, 1619–20. The mysterious painting, previously known only through copies and an old photograph shown decades ago to Guercino expert Sir Denis Mahon, was acquired in memory of former Kimbell dorector Ted Pillsbury, who died in March of 2010.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015