Several panel discussions at this year’s Art Chicago art fair feature Texas contemporary art, and several Texas art aficionados are migrating northwards to tell about it: on Friday, April 30, at 11am, a talk called "Big Culture: Contemporary Art in Texas" brings together the Blanton Museum’s Risa Puleo; Sue Graze, Director of Arthouse; Matthew Drutt, Executive Director, Artpace; and Dallas Museum of Art curator Charles Wylie. the Talk will be moderated by Eleanor Williams. On Sunday, May 1, at 1pm Texas art collectors Melissa Meeks of the Dallas Cowboys Art Program, Lester Marks and Reggie Smith discuss collecting contemporary art in Texas; later, at 3pm, the Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston’s Bill Arning is part of the "beyond the white cube" panel discussion with a fistful of other museum directors.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015