Sad news today for the Houston art community: Liz Alexander, grants coordinator for the Houston Arts Alliance, died this morning at St. Joseph’s Hospital. She had been hospitalized on Monday with pneumonia. For many of the artists and arts organizations who went through the grant process with the City of Houston, Liz was their sole contact at HAA. She was universally liked and respected for her even-keeled, patient handling of grantees. She will be missed.
The family will receive visitors at the chapel of Felix H. Morales Funeral Home, 2901 Canal St., Houston, on Tuesday, April 27, from 12noon till 9pm with a Rosary to be recited at 7pm. The funeral service will be held on Wednesday, April 28, at 11am at Morales Chapel. Interment will follow at Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery. The family requests that we grant her this last wish by dressing comfortably to the services.
also by Glasstire
- SHSU Hosts an Art Walk in Huntsville - February 21st, 2017
- Glasstire names Christina Rees as Editor-in-Chief - February 20th, 2017
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017