Sad news today for the Houston art community: Liz Alexander, grants coordinator for the Houston Arts Alliance, died this morning at St. Joseph’s Hospital. She had been hospitalized on Monday with pneumonia. For many of the artists and arts organizations who went through the grant process with the City of Houston, Liz was their sole contact at HAA. She was universally liked and respected for her even-keeled, patient handling of grantees. She will be missed.
The family will receive visitors at the chapel of Felix H. Morales Funeral Home, 2901 Canal St., Houston, on Tuesday, April 27, from 12noon till 9pm with a Rosary to be recited at 7pm. The funeral service will be held on Wednesday, April 28, at 11am at Morales Chapel. Interment will follow at Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery. The family requests that we grant her this last wish by dressing comfortably to the services.
also by Glasstire
- UT Removes Confederate Statues Overnight; Bomb Attempt and Arrest in Houston Over Another Statue - August 21st, 2017
- Derek Jeter Wants to Kill Red Grooms' Baseball Installation - August 20th, 2017
- No Longer Art (Yet Another Proposal for Removed Confederate Statues) - August 19th, 2017
- Entire White House Arts Committee Resigns in Protest - August 18th, 2017
- Blanton Gifted Set of Leon Polk Smith Paintings and Drawings - August 17th, 2017