If I could be in two places at once, this is where I’d be tonight…
In Austin at SOFA’s latest offering:
Brooklyn artist Jeff DeGolier comes to Austin with his photos and a site specific installation at SOFA Gallery. Jeff and I went to the University of Washington together once upon a time… Almost 10 years later he’s still making art and getting it out there. Based on his website it looks like it will be an apartment packed show. So swing by and support the artist while supporting this alternative space. Have a cold beer and start a conversation about the art while sitting on a comfy couch.
with their primary influences. Each graduate student gave a list of sources within their work to gallery director Christina Rees and she set out to beg, borrow, or steal appropriate pairings.
Nate Glaspie, Timothy Harding, William Kentridge, Lorrie McClanahan,
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Nic Nicosia, Devon Nowlin, Adeniyi Olagunju,
Tom Orr, Harmony Padgett, Christoph Trendel, and Terry Winters.
also by Margaret Meehan
- People in Your Neighborhood: Karen Weiner - May 10th, 2013
- Similar But Different #30: Art As Digestion - March 14th, 2013
- Yayoi Kusama: Princess of the Polka Dots - July 19th, 2012
- Seventeen Hundred Seeds: Cultivating Community As Art - June 2nd, 2012
- Similar but Different #29: The Rainbow Connection - May 23rd, 2012