Tonight at 7:30pm is the unveiling of Patrick Renner’s A Light in the Attic, a temporary installation in the historic 721 Congress St. storefront, Austin. It’s just one facet of the many overlapping art festivals in Austin this weekend. Art City Austin, a two-day event aimed at transforming downtown Austin into an urban art utopia (as opposed to a utopia of urban art) has sponsored some yarn-bombing by Magda Sayeg and a very large cardboard puzzle by architecture student Daniel Morrison. Art City Austin is April 24-25, and Art Week Austin is April 21-25, First Night Austin is tonight, Wednesday, April 21. Confused? Take it up with Art Alliance Austin.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015