These snapshots are from Andrea Dezsö’s show “Sometimes in My Dreams I Fly” at Rice University Art Gallery. The photos don’t do the show justice: each window at the gallery has been transformed into a life-sized “tunnel book,” with layers that recede from the viewer into a fantastical distance. This is old school special effects at their very best.
The show is on view until August 8, so you have plenty of time to see it. Just make sure that you do.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Peter Marzio, head of MFAH, dies at 67 - December 10th, 2010
- Pamela Z TONIGHT in Houston! - December 4th, 2010
- Arthouse TX Prize Finalists Announced - November 20th, 2010