These snapshots are from Andrea Dezsö’s show “Sometimes in My Dreams I Fly” at Rice University Art Gallery. The photos don’t do the show justice: each window at the gallery has been transformed into a life-sized “tunnel book,” with layers that recede from the viewer into a fantastical distance. This is old school special effects at their very best.
The show is on view until August 8, so you have plenty of time to see it. Just make sure that you do.
also by Rainey Knudson
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016