These snapshots are from Andrea Dezsö’s show "Sometimes in My Dreams I Fly" at Rice University Art Gallery. The photos don’t do the show justice: each window at the gallery has been transformed into a life-sized "tunnel book," with layers that recede from the viewer into a fantastical distance. This is old school special effects at their very best.
The show is on view until August 8, so you have plenty of time to see it. Just make sure that you do.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010