These snapshots are from Andrea Dezsö’s show “Sometimes in My Dreams I Fly” at Rice University Art Gallery. The photos don’t do the show justice: each window at the gallery has been transformed into a life-sized “tunnel book,” with layers that recede from the viewer into a fantastical distance. This is old school special effects at their very best.
The show is on view until August 8, so you have plenty of time to see it. Just make sure that you do.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016
- Naming and Shaming: Deborah Roberts at Art Palace - November 21st, 2016
- All good dreamers pass this way some day: on the election, and art - November 15th, 2016
- Statement On Our Instagram Post - November 5th, 2016
- Should Houston Have an Art Fair? - October 16th, 2016