The inaugural residency (singular) at PLAND, tiny parcel of land near Taos, New Mexico is inviting an artist to immerse themself in "off the grid" living and creating. Founded last year by curator Erin Elder, Nina Elder, and Nancy Zastudil, (associate director at Houston’s Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts), PLAND (Practice Liberating Art through Necessary Dislocation) emphasizes open-ended collaboration and the pioneering spirit, is funded by a grant from the Idea Fund, and has something to do with the University of Colorado. Application via email by May 10.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015