A fourteen-foot high horse and two six-foot tall German Shepherds now flank the Houston Mounted Police/Animal Services facility at 5005 Little York Road. The enormous synthetic stone figures are the newest piece of civic sculpture by Houston artist Sharon Engelstein, installed last week. Titled Your Loyal Mighties, the pieces are a tribute to the animals that serve as loyal partners to law enforcement officers.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015