This Friday, April 9, Aurora Picture show founder and "migrant curator" Andrea Grover is putting together an outdoor screening of cinematic works from the Menil’s archives in conjunction with "Leaps into the Void: Documents of Nouveau Realist Performance." Selections will include rarely seen bits from "Niki de Saint Phalle" and "Tinguely: A Kinetic Cosmos" by Francois de Menil, "Jésus Cola" by Martial Raysse, "The Monotone Symphony" by Yves Klein, and an excerpt from "La Revolution Bleue" by François Lévy-Kuentz. 8pm outside the Menil Collection, 1515 Sul Ross, Houston.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015