This Friday, April 9, Aurora Picture show founder and "migrant curator" Andrea Grover is putting together an outdoor screening of cinematic works from the Menil’s archives in conjunction with "Leaps into the Void: Documents of Nouveau Realist Performance." Selections will include rarely seen bits from "Niki de Saint Phalle" and "Tinguely: A Kinetic Cosmos" by Francois de Menil, "Jésus Cola" by Martial Raysse, "The Monotone Symphony" by Yves Klein, and an excerpt from "La Revolution Bleue" by François Lévy-Kuentz. 8pm outside the Menil Collection, 1515 Sul Ross, Houston.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015