Gary Carrion-Murayari, associate curator of the 2010 Whitney Biennial will speak at the George Washington Carver Museum & Cultural Center’s Boyd Vance Theatre, 1165 Angelina St, Austin, on Thursday night , April 8, at 7pm. Or if you’re in San Antonio, photographer Rob Ziebell will hold forth on the McNay’s Blackburn Patio on the curious ceremoniousness of bridal gowns at 6pm. Or if you’re in Dallas, The Dallas Architecture Forum is bringing in noted landscape architect Debra Mitchell to the Hamon Education Hall at the new Winspear Opera House, also at 7pm. You’ll have to hurry.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015