Barton Barriers, Stephen Dubov’s roadside public-art installation in Austin, has strangely become a focus of right-wing indignation. Conservative blogs are abuzz, and the pile of orange and white plastic barriers doesn’t even have a gay Jesus character in it! Coming on top of the recent cancellation of the production of "Corpus Christi" at Tarleton State University in Stephenville due to threats of violence, and the letter-writing campaign agaist Dallas curators involved in the Cowboy Stadium art project, it begins to smell of an old-fashioned election-year right-wing arts bash!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015