Barton Barriers, Stephen Dubov’s roadside public-art installation in Austin, has strangely become a focus of right-wing indignation. Conservative blogs are abuzz, and the pile of orange and white plastic barriers doesn’t even have a gay Jesus character in it! Coming on top of the recent cancellation of the production of "Corpus Christi" at Tarleton State University in Stephenville due to threats of violence, and the letter-writing campaign agaist Dallas curators involved in the Cowboy Stadium art project, it begins to smell of an old-fashioned election-year right-wing arts bash!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015