Dallas artist Tracy Hicks will be a participant in an upcoming online symposium on "Visual Culture and Evolution" sponsored by the National Academy of Sciences. It being the 150th anniversary of the publication of Darwin’s On the Origin of Species, Hicks and 29 other experts to discuss the present impact of evolutionary thought on visual culture, as the title suggests. The symposium, with more than 30 panelists all over the world, will be conducted through software designed for online courses, will be publicly accessible at http://www.vcande.org.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015