The Cathedral of Junk, artist Vince Hannemann’s enormous south Austin monument, has been deemed a building, and needs a building permit, say City of Austin inspectors, who were alerted by a 311 call from a visitor to the wired-together structure. Not to worry: the internationally weird pile of junk has lots of friends, and work to acquire the necessary permissions is underway.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015