The Cathedral of Junk, artist Vince Hannemann’s enormous south Austin monument, has been deemed a building, and needs a building permit, say City of Austin inspectors, who were alerted by a 311 call from a visitor to the wired-together structure. Not to worry: the internationally weird pile of junk has lots of friends, and work to acquire the necessary permissions is underway.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015