The Free Museum of Dallas is a new project and exhibition space that currently occupies the office of Michael Corris, Chair of the Division of Art at SMU, Dallas at 6101 Bishop Boulevard, Room 1640. According to Corris, the FMOD will "reflect critically on the ebb and flow of contemporary art, particularly the kind of art that is possible when one is embedded in Academia," promising exhibitions, propaganda, pamphlets, panel discussions. Their first show, Brick by Brick: Kristen Cochran and Peter Doig in Conversation, opens April 9, from 7– 9pm and will be celebrated with an edition of 50 souvenir rubber bricks, which is about all that’s on their website so far.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015