A swirling 15-foot Chameleomorphica will be unveiled outside the University og Houston’s Blaffer Gallery on Thursday, March 25, from 5:30 until 7pm. The organic form, part insect, part reptile, constructed from clear vinyl and powered by air, is the product of young artists in this year’s Young Artist Apprenticeship Program (YAAP), the museum’s nationally recognized art-making youth development program for high school students. The collaborative Chameleomorphica opens their final exhibition which also includes paintings by Jenny Alvarez, Tatiana Young (Austin High School); Isabel Campozano, Kenneth Elizalde (Chavez High School); Brian Ayala, Alfonso Casio, Karen Hernandez (Eastwood Academy); Wendy Castaneda, Christian Muñoz (Milby High School); and Xavier Hall (Yates High School).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015