Barton Barriers, a 100-foot-long jumbled wall of concrete traffic barriers by sculptor Stephen Dubov along south Lamar Boulevard at Barton Skyway in Austin opens tomorrow, March 13, from 6:30-9pm. Before the grand opening, sidewalk superintendents can watch the piece being installed all day, from 9-5. The opening salvo in a more ambitious initiative Dubov calls “Art On The Way,” The 12 foot high wall will be on display until June.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015