The insane number of openings in Houston this week can only mean one thing: it’s Fotofest time! This year, the theme of the mega biennial is U.S. contemporary photography (which is much sexier than the previous two themes of "Water" and "China.") Lots of the shows look really good, so kudos to the Houston art scene for rising to the occasion.
also by Glasstire
- New Summer Tradition? The Nasher and Its Women - July 26th, 2016
- Spot Magazine Goes Digital! - July 25th, 2016
- Artist attempts to create most frustrating products imaginable - July 25th, 2016
- UNT Press is Releasing a Frank Reaugh Biography - July 24th, 2016
- $1000 in Free Art Today in Dallas! - July 23rd, 2016