The insane number of openings in Houston this week can only mean one thing: it’s Fotofest time! This year, the theme of the mega biennial is U.S. contemporary photography (which is much sexier than the previous two themes of "Water" and "China.") Lots of the shows look really good, so kudos to the Houston art scene for rising to the occasion.
also by Glasstire
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017