The insane number of openings in Houston this week can only mean one thing: it’s Fotofest time! This year, the theme of the mega biennial is U.S. contemporary photography (which is much sexier than the previous two themes of "Water" and "China.") Lots of the shows look really good, so kudos to the Houston art scene for rising to the occasion.
also by Glasstire
- Houston City Council Wants Public Art to Die - February 12th, 2016
- Party Pics: February 6 at 610 Gallery, Houston - February 11th, 2016
- Top Five: February 11, 2016 - February 11th, 2016
- Sex, Jokes, and Americana: The Menil's Big Copley Show Opens Feb. 19 - February 10th, 2016
- Texas Artist Chronicles Art of the Iberian Peninsula - February 9th, 2016