The insane number of openings in Houston this week can only mean one thing: it’s Fotofest time! This year, the theme of the mega biennial is U.S. contemporary photography (which is much sexier than the previous two themes of "Water" and "China.") Lots of the shows look really good, so kudos to the Houston art scene for rising to the occasion.
also by Glasstire
- Solange Knowles' Limited Edition Book Available at Marfa Book Company - May 25th, 2017
- Top Five: May 25, 2017 - May 25th, 2017
- Menil's 2017 Walter Hopps Award Goes to Reem Fadda - May 24th, 2017
- This and That: Menil Drawing Institute / Pompeii - May 23rd, 2017
- Two Large-Scale Ai Weiwei Sculptures Come to Austin this Summer - May 22nd, 2017