That exuberent institution that brought you Grossology, Night at the Brew-seum, and now sports an authentic reproduction Olmec head, The International Museum of Art & Science in McAllen, has been awarded $10,000 by JP Morgan Chase to continue its "free" first Sunday admission policy, and extend its outreach programs to Rio Grande Valley schools. "Education is the very best investment any community can make for its future," said Dan Lawless, president for Chase bank’s operations in the region. "Chase is committed to playing a key role in the growth and development of the Rio Grande Valley."
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015