That exuberent institution that brought you Grossology, Night at the Brew-seum, and now sports an authentic reproduction Olmec head, The International Museum of Art & Science in McAllen, has been awarded $10,000 by JP Morgan Chase to continue its "free" first Sunday admission policy, and extend its outreach programs to Rio Grande Valley schools. "Education is the very best investment any community can make for its future," said Dan Lawless, president for Chase bank’s operations in the region. "Chase is committed to playing a key role in the growth and development of the Rio Grande Valley."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015