In conjunction with the exhibition Fluid Frontier, opening Tuesday, March 2, 4:30-6pm at the University of North Texas in Denton, the Fluid Frontier symposium will be held at 7pm, Thursday, March 4 and from 9-4:30 p.m. March 5 (Friday) in the UNT Art Building. The keynote speaker will be artist Dario Robleto whose Human/Nature project, about the inevitable loss of the glaciers and the mourning people collectively experience as the earth is altered, will be one of the featured topics. Also speaking will be Emily Brady an environmental philosopher at the University of Edinburgh; sculptor John Frost; artist Mary Mattingly; and Cary Peppermint and Dr. Christine Nadir, digital environmental artists with EcoArtTech.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015