Modern Ruin, a two-day exhibition organized by Christina Rees and Thomas Feulmer will open on Saturday, February 20 in Dallas, with an opening that night from 8-11pm at the abandoned Washington Mutual building at 5030 Greenville Avenue, just south of Lovers Lane. When WaMu was sold to JPMorgan Chase, the new building was never opened, never used, and has sat as an empty shell for more than a year. The two-day exhibition will be the only use for the million-dollar building before the demolition process begins the following week. The leftovers of the exhibition will be open to the public on February 20th and 21st, 12-5pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015