Sam "Lightnin’" Hopkins is slated to get a historical marker on land on Dowling St. in Houston donated by arts and community development org Project Rowhouses. The legendary blues musician has a statue in Crockett, TX, but only a headstone in Houston’s Forest Park cemetary to mark his 50+ years as a Houston resident.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015