Sam "Lightnin’" Hopkins is slated to get a historical marker on land on Dowling St. in Houston donated by arts and community development org Project Rowhouses. The legendary blues musician has a statue in Crockett, TX, but only a headstone in Houston’s Forest Park cemetary to mark his 50+ years as a Houston resident.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015