In celebration of its 15th anniversary, Artpace is presenting a year-long, statewide exhibition featuring the billboard works of conceptualist sugar daddy Felix Gonzalez-Torres. Organized by Artpace Executive Director Matthew Drutt and with funding provided by the Linda Pace Foundation and in-kind support from billboard advertising giant Clear Channel Outdoor, Artpace has sited billboards in Dallas, El Paso, Houston, and San Antonio. Thirteen images created by Gonzalez-Torres between 1989 and 1995 are drawn from poetic moments in the artist’s life, and will rotate throughout the year on six billboards in each city.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015