In celebration of its 15th anniversary, Artpace is presenting a year-long, statewide exhibition featuring the billboard works of conceptualist sugar daddy Felix Gonzalez-Torres. Organized by Artpace Executive Director Matthew Drutt and with funding provided by the Linda Pace Foundation and in-kind support from billboard advertising giant Clear Channel Outdoor, Artpace has sited billboards in Dallas, El Paso, Houston, and San Antonio. Thirteen images created by Gonzalez-Torres between 1989 and 1995 are drawn from poetic moments in the artist’s life, and will rotate throughout the year on six billboards in each city.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015