Petroglyphs in Nine Mile Canyon, Utah, gained some new protection in January. An agreement between the Bureau of Land Management, (the arm of the US government that oversees the care and exploitation of the land the curious decorate), The Bill Barrett corporation, a Denver-based energy company who wants explore for natural gas in the area, local Utah government, and several preservation societies outlines a make-everyone-happy switcheroo in which the mining company will fund studies of the art, government will study how dust from drilling is affecting the art.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015