Petroglyphs in Nine Mile Canyon, Utah, gained some new protection in January. An agreement between the Bureau of Land Management, (the arm of the US government that oversees the care and exploitation of the land the curious decorate), The Bill Barrett corporation, a Denver-based energy company who wants explore for natural gas in the area, local Utah government, and several preservation societies outlines a make-everyone-happy switcheroo in which the mining company will fund studies of the art, government will study how dust from drilling is affecting the art.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015