On Friday, Feb 19, Brownsville opens Art and Cultural Center of Brownsville at the historic Market Square Research Center, 1124 Market square. 7 pm. It’s unclear whether it’s a temporary exhibition or a permanent institution, but anything labeled "art and cultural"’s gotta be good, right? Info here, amid four, or five ads for Hurricanes , the Brownsville bar with "more beer and much louder music." With Glasstire now sponsored by Dripping Springs vodka, the groundswell of liquor purveyors supporting art websites is growing!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015