On Friday, Feb 19, Brownsville opens Art and Cultural Center of Brownsville at the historic Market Square Research Center, 1124 Market square. 7 pm. It’s unclear whether it’s a temporary exhibition or a permanent institution, but anything labeled "art and cultural"’s gotta be good, right? Info here, amid four, or five ads for Hurricanes , the Brownsville bar with "more beer and much louder music." With Glasstire now sponsored by Dripping Springs vodka, the groundswell of liquor purveyors supporting art websites is growing!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015