Chong Chu & Hyun Ju Chung (married) continue to be Dallas based painters, but they have not shown much in Dallas since the close of Edith Baker Gallery. They do continue to show in Korea and LA. Recently, I came across an invitation for their upcoming show in Austin. The VAM Gallery within the First Free Evangelical Church (above). Artists reception February 28th, 12:15pm.
Chong Chu was an art teacher of mine when I was growing up, so I continue to follow his progress and love his work. Most recently, he has introduced the figure into his garden of symbols, creating a dream-like space built out of his library of personal iconography, that is constantly growing.
also by Chris Jagers
- The Perot Museum and Downtown Dallas - December 12th, 2012
- A Dream Deferred - April 10th, 2011
- Would Van Gogh be Making Apps? - March 30th, 2011
- Dallas Arts District (IN LEGOS) - July 3rd, 2010
- Kana Harada: The Way Home - May 24th, 2010