The City of McAllen has recognized Light Channels, an installation in San Antonio by artist (and director of Blue Star Contemporary Art Center) Bill FitzGibbons as the source of inspiration for its own light installation work, resolving at times prickly claims and counterclaims about authorship, appropriation and who knew what when. Amazingly, everyone’s happy: the City of McAllen will invite FitzGibbons to a ceremony that will recognize his contributions to public art later this year.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015