Kicking off the Dallas Art Fair events this week, a symposium on "The Power and burden of Beauty" will be held tonight, Tuesday, February 2, from 5 to 6:30 pm at the Beck Imaginarium, 1807 Ross Avenue, 5th Floor, Dallas. Moderated by Laurie Dhue (Former Fox Anchor and moderator of panel), the participants include Carolyn Hodges (Mary Kay Senior Sales Director), Bonnie Wheeler (Professor and Dir of Medieval Studies at SMU), Rachel Dodds (Senior at UT and Tri Delta sorority), and artist Rachel Hovnanian. Beauty won’t help you in the door, though: seating is limited to the first 100 on a first-come basis.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015