More than two hundred city officials, arts organization leaders, and business representatives crowded together last Thursday evening at Hobby Center to meet Houston’s new Mayor Annise Parker and City Controller Ronald Green. Parker firmly stated her belief that the arts are good for business and brings in tourists. Green recognized the city employees in attendance and reiterated that Houston is a great place for the arts. Houston Arts Alliance head Jonathon Glus noted that arts are the soul of a city, and that for every dollar spent in the arts, there is a seven dollar return on investment. The arts-vested crowd was cheered.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015