Houston’s 14th Annual Citywide African-American Artists Exhibition is presented at 3 venues this year, with the first opening tonight, Friday January 29, at the Community Artists’ Collective from 6-8pm. Next Saturday, January 31, Rice University’s Farnsworth Pavillion, 6100 Main Street, has another opening from 3-5 pm, and on Saturday, Feb 6, the third and final segment opens at G Gallery. The Citywide exhibition provides emerging African-American artists the opportunity to display their artwork to a large audience, and awards cash prizes. Most of the artwork is for sale directly from the artist. The 2010 prizes will be awarded on Thursday, February 18, at the Community Artists´ Collective, 6-8pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015