Artist Scott Trent is organizing the Henderson Art Project, aimed at placing seven pieces of urban art by Texas artists along Henderson Avenue in Dallas. Corporate sponsors have donated $12,000 in prize money, which will be awarded via citywide online vote. Seven finalists will be given an $800 stipend by a panel of at least 30 judges and will then have their art placed on Henderson Avenue. Online voting will determine which of the seven will receive $3,500, $2,500 and $1,500 prizes. The project is accepting applications through February 19, when gallerist Edith Baker, curator Jed Morse, arts exec Diana Pollak and a slew of other luminaries will choose the finalists.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015