On 11 Tochtli, 1 Ozomahtli, 5 Cuauhtli in the Aztec ritual calendar, the wonderfully wacky International Museum of Art and Science in McAllen (who brought you "Night in the Brew-seum" last year) is unveiling Olmec Head # 8 with an inauguration and ribbon-cutting ceremony (that’s Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 10am, for Gregorian-calendar users) The colossal sculpture is a replica donated to the City of McAllen by the Governor of Veracruz, Mexico. In turn, the City of McAllen has entrusted the head to the International Museum of Art & Science. Veracruz governor Fidel Herrera Beltrán, McAllen Mayor Richard F. Cortez, and the whole Chamber of Commerce will be there!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015