On 11 Tochtli, 1 Ozomahtli, 5 Cuauhtli in the Aztec ritual calendar, the wonderfully wacky International Museum of Art and Science in McAllen (who brought you "Night in the Brew-seum" last year) is unveiling Olmec Head # 8 with an inauguration and ribbon-cutting ceremony (that’s Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 10am, for Gregorian-calendar users) The colossal sculpture is a replica donated to the City of McAllen by the Governor of Veracruz, Mexico. In turn, the City of McAllen has entrusted the head to the International Museum of Art & Science. Veracruz governor Fidel Herrera Beltrán, McAllen Mayor Richard F. Cortez, and the whole Chamber of Commerce will be there!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015