Dr. Gloria Groom, a curator at the Art Institute of Chicago will give a talk titled "Manet’s Modern Woman" in which she explains how Édouard Manet changed the course of art history in the 19th century by transgressing both social and aesthetic boundaries in his portrayals of women. Friday, January 15, at 1:30 p.m. and again on Saturday, January 16, at 4 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015