Dr. Gloria Groom, a curator at the Art Institute of Chicago will give a talk titled "Manet’s Modern Woman" in which she explains how Édouard Manet changed the course of art history in the 19th century by transgressing both social and aesthetic boundaries in his portrayals of women. Friday, January 15, at 1:30 p.m. and again on Saturday, January 16, at 4 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015