Austin artist Young-Min Kang’s Spaceship Austin Downtown Cruisers have landed! The two 20-foot spaceship models hang suspended in the passengers-only section of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, the newest additions to the city’s public art collection, commissioned by the City of Austin’s Art in Public Places Program. The two spaceships are identical, except one is a day version and the other night. They are located on the mezzanine walls near Gates 7 and 13 hover over the airport’s concourse, as if suspended or docked mid-air reflecting Austin’s downtown below.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015