The new, reportedly as-yet-unheated Dallas Contemporary is opening its first show in its cavernous new space at 161 Glass St. this Friday, January 8, from 8:30-11:30pm with work by Los Angeles artist James Gilbert, currently in residence at UTD’s CentralTrak. With the National Weather Service forecasting a high temperature Friday near 27 and a low of just 14 Friday night, make sure to bring your woollies.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015