Moody Gardens in Galveston is having a Fruitcake Launch and Christmas Tree Chunk Saturday, January 2 in it’s west parking lot from 2-4 pm. For $1 donation or a non-perishable food item, you can catapult your unloved fruitcake; winner for the longest cake flight gets a four-pack of tickets to Moody Gardens, including a Penguin Encounter with a real penguin. It’s a short-lived thrill, so while you’re there, you can chunk your Christmas tree onto their pile for mulching (they’ve gotten really good at mulching in Galveston, since the hurricane). You take some mulch home with you when you go, but is it Art?
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015