Moody Gardens in Galveston is having a Fruitcake Launch and Christmas Tree Chunk Saturday, January 2 in it’s west parking lot from 2-4 pm. For $1 donation or a non-perishable food item, you can catapult your unloved fruitcake; winner for the longest cake flight gets a four-pack of tickets to Moody Gardens, including a Penguin Encounter with a real penguin. It’s a short-lived thrill, so while you’re there, you can chunk your Christmas tree onto their pile for mulching (they’ve gotten really good at mulching in Galveston, since the hurricane). You take some mulch home with you when you go, but is it Art?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015