The Austin Chronicle’s Robert Faires muses that it’s been a not-too-bad-after-all year for the Austin art scene, using the phrase "economic shitstorm" to describe the severe recession of 2009 that, bad as it was everywhere, it was not quite so bad here in Texas. As an online news aggregator, I feel duty bound to reprint his expletive (twice!) to maintain the web’s standard of cheap juvenile sensationalism.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015